Thursday, October 27, 2005

Reading....


I am one of those book addicted people. I used to only purchase a book when I finished reading the only other previously unread book I owned. Not any more. If you gave me $10,000 and turned me loose at B&N I would run out of money before leaving with everything I like. If I never bought another book I could never read what I own before I die. I absolutely love books! Any type of book - fiction, non-fiction, you name it I would read it. If I became blind tomorrow you might as well just shoot me. Books to me are like an addictive drug. When I travel for my job I bring two suitcases - one with books and a smaller one with clothes. No one can ever understand why I need two suitcases for short trips and they cannot understand why I sweat when I carry the larger suitcase. Well if you want to know it is filled with books! Imelda Marcos was top shoes what I am to books. I am also a fussy book person. I hate books with bent, dog-eared, or otherwise damaged covers! I once spent 2 months reading a novel from the library. I recall it was 31 chapters. At least that is what the table of contents indicated. A previous borrower (bastard for short) had torn the last chapter out of the text. Oh yes - did I forget to mention that the book was out of print and to this day I do not know how it ended? I'm like Rodney Dangerfield. I get absolutely no respect!

No comments: