Friday, October 21, 2005

NaNoWriMo


Well I have decided to take the plunge. I am actually going to give NaNoWriMo a try. Last year I was traveling in Duluth, MN listening to Wisconsin Public Radio. The program was about a month long contest called National Novel Writing Month (i.e. NaNoWriMo). This is basically a contest against one self to see if one can write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. Sounded interesting - if not a bit crazy. I have always wanted to write a Novel. No, I am not a Tom Clancy, John Grisham, C.S. Lewis wannabe. I possess not the talent or the creativity to set such an unreachable goal. I would, however, like to give this contest a good effort and see what comes of it. I have signed up on the contest's website http://www.nanowrimo.org/. My mind is working on a few ideas but nothing definite as yet. Next Tuesday we have our local NaNoWriMo kickoff party at a Barnes & Noble. I picture all attendees to be "Tom Clancy like" having won many Pulitzer Prizes. I view one of them questioning me on "What is you current project?" and my response being "Oh - me - this weekend I am planning on cleaning the garage". I probably need not worry - hell - Clancy, Grisham, and Lewis all brush their teeth, put on their pants, run to the bathroom, and have horny thoughts like any other red blooded American male. Oh - forgot - Lewis doesn't have such thoughts - he's dead. More to come ......

No comments: