Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Bird By Bird

Last evening I attended our local group's NaNoWriMo Kickoff Party at Barnes & Noble in Appleton, WI. What a great group of people! I believe there were 7 people in attendance with all levels of experience represented. I was obviously a novice having never participated in NaNo. Our area coordinator Stacie gave each of us a goodie bag with lots of fun stuff inside. I look forward to keeping in touch with this group as NaNo progresses. In the mean time it is T minus 5 days and I still do not have a plot!

At the party Stacie recommended a book entitled "Bird by Bird" by Anne Lamont which I purchased. It gives advice to writers of all ability levels and I am having a great time reading it. It is not only informative but at times hilarious. Strongly recommended.......

Tonight we carved pumpkins. Our 16 year old feels he is too "mature" for such an activity so the 10 year old and I completed this annual task. He had fun designing the face and scooping out the seeds. I did all the "knife work". He was very proud of his pumpkin when complete. In general it is a very basic facial design.

It seems as if as the week progresses I get more tired from lack of sleep. Too much to do and so little time.........

1 comment:

Stacie Penney said...

A dremel works wonderfully too. We use a knife for the top and the dremel for the face. Of course, it is an easy way to get my husband involved, too.