Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Been Away Too Long ....

Well, it has been awhile since I last made a post. I worked very hard on my NaNoWriMo novel but came up short! I found that there were some days when I fell behind on my word count and this led to a snowball effect where I ended up to far behind to get caught back up. I am not used to outright failure but I really did it this time. I learned some things from the experience that are valuable on their own. First, a novel is difficult to write. Second, I need to learn to type! Third, I will need to more carefully map out my plot next time. Life's a learning experience and I am learning as I go. I am already anxious for next year!!!!!!

4 comments:

Stacie Penney said...

Dave--

What are your plans for writing between now and then? Anything?

Proud Daddy said...

Hi Stay_C!! I plan on continuing to write but in smaller, bit-size pieces. I have had some encouragement from a magazine editor friend of mine to write some outdoor articles for his magazine. I also like to write poetry even though it is not of a quality that others would find it very interesting. I really enjoy visiting your blog site Stay_C and following your progress as you develope your novel. I am definitely planning on doing NaNoWriMo next year. It probably would also be good if I met regularly with an area writers group to keep that contact with others with similar interests upfront in my mind. It would also be a source of encouragement.

Stacie Penney said...

If Oshkosh isn't too far of a drive, you're welcome to try out my crit group.

Proud Daddy said...

Stay_C,
Oshkosh would not be too far for me. As you are aware however I am a novice. Do you have other people of my experience level? Where and when do you meet?
Thanks, Dave